Is Your Life in Transition? 4 steps Plan to Help you Pay Attention
tran·si·tion (tranˈziSH(ə)n,tranˈsiSH(ə)n/)… the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.
Life's transitions… we all go through them. Transitions are not only changes, but life's experiences that involve great change and transformation. They impact our life; some, drawing a -before & after line on the path.
With these periods of change and transformation also come anxiety and stress as the uncertainty ahead, the fine list of details to oversee or the preparedness that is required mount up incredibly fast. Too fast, it’s easy to get absorbed in the doing, so much we forget to look after ourselves just a bit more, take better care of our relationships or enjoy the journey to the challenge(s) ahead.
Going through various life's transitions has left some big imprints in my heart, has forever changed the way I see life, has been my wildest rides and most importantly, they’ve given me the most extraordinary gifts I could have -ever, dreamed of. But these great moments of change are also loyal teachers that have also given me a few unforgettable lessons, among the biggest: to pay attention.
Life moves in many ways, sometimes, at a speed able to turn our world into hectic chaos, altering and shifting pretty much everything around us. Yet, in the middle of this chaos, there always lies a lesson (or two) for growth.
Lessons exist in every corner, many times disguised, although rather often, hitting us hard on the head. Lessons are here to teach us something we need or something we’ve asked for. They will keep coming until we learn them and make room for new ones. Until... we start paying attention.
So how do we do it, how do we pay attention? The fastest route is slowing down and saying thank you. Same chaos, responsibilities, same plans and dreams, same challenges, only more present. Actually listening, aware of what’s happening inside and outside of you. Aprreciating what is true and exists in our lives today.
That is the start line of your ‘to do’ list: To be present & to be thankful.
Here’s a simple action plan to help you slow down:
1. Listen to your body: Get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, exercise. Have fun.
2. Choose smart: Eat healthy, nourish positive thinking, spend more time around nature.
3. Increase self-compassion: More love and acceptance, less judgement and criticism. We know we are our toughest critics, then we must learn how to have more power and tame our inner critic and norture a loving relationship with ourselves.
4. Create an outlet: Having a space for you only is essential. Give yourself at least 10 minutes a day where you can be in an atmosphere of inner silence To relax, to practice breathing exercises, to pray or meditate.
Gratitude is Your Gift to Yourself. The impact gratitude has in our life is a powerful one. Start with observing all the gifts around you.
1. Write them down and place them in a place where you can read them every day.
2. Start your day filling your heart with an appreciation-recognition practice. Set your alarm just 5 minutes earlier, place your hands in your heart and think of all the things you are grateful for. Hold and seal that moment of deep gratitude for five minutes, then start your day.
Every success is based on action. The ripple effect from slowing down and learning how to be more thankful will show you a new way of looking at things. It will give you a new understanding for the value of life, with all its gifts and all its lessons; impacting every aspect of your being, in all its dimensions. Try and see for yourself.
Embrace life different.